General Terms & Conditions Of Al-Khatem For Travel & Tourism
Article 1. Definitions :
- Al-khatem For Travel &Tourism is a sole trader whose objective is to provide services as an intermediary with regard to holidays and / or travel and particularly to provide informations and recommendations for holiday and travel activities.
- In these Terms & Conditions, “Traveler” means : the natural and / or legal person who uses the services offered by Alkhatem Travel & Tourism with regard to holiday and travel activities.
- In these Terms & Conditions, “Services” means : all products and services supplied to Al-khatem For Travel & Tourism and / or third parties engaged by it, as well as all other work of whatever nature performed by Al-khatem For Travel & Tourism on behalf of the Customer , performed within the framework of an assignment, including work that is not performed at the express request of the Client, including the provision of services as an intermediary with regard to holidays and / or travel.
- In these Terms &Conditions, the term “Website” means: the Website alkhatemtravel.com.
Article 2. Applicability of the Terms & Conditions :
- The Terms & Conditions apply to all Agreements concluded between the Client and Al-khatem For Travel & Tourism whereby Al-khatem For Travel & Tourism offers Services or delivers products, regardless of whether these offers and agreements are made or concluded remotely.
- Deviations from the Terms & Conditions are only valid if explicitly agreed in writing with Alkhatem Travel & Tourism.
- The applicability of the Client’s purchase or other conditions are expressly rejected, unless explicitly agreed otherwise in writing.
- The Terms &Conditions also apply to additional or amended assignments from the Client.
Article 3. The agreement :
- All offers on the Website are entirely without obligation, unless explicitly stated otherwise.
- The Customer can contact Al-khatem For Travel & Tourism via the Website, e-mail or telephone for one of the Services offered. An order can be placed via the Website for booking airline tickets, hotels or a pilgrimage trip. The Agreement comes about differently, taking into account airlines and hotel rules.
- Al-khatem For Travel & Tourism can also prepare a quote. The Agreement will then only be established by signing the quotation or through an order confirmation.
- The customer can also place orders on the Website. The Agreement is then established by placing an order.
- If Al-khatem For Travel & Tourism sends a confirmation to the Customer, it is decisive for the content and explanation of the Agreement, subject to apparent errors. Al-khatem For Travel & Tourism cannot be held to its offer if the Client can reasonably understand that the offer, or a part thereof, contains an obvious mistake or error.
- If the Client makes notes or comments on the quotation from Al-khatem For Travel & Tourism, they will not form part of the Agreement, unless Al-khatem For Travel & Tourism confirms this in writing.
- An assignment by the Client that has not been preceded by a written offer requires written acceptance by Al-khatem For Travel & Tourism.
Article 4. Implementation of the Agreement :
- Al-khatem For Travel & Tourism will endeavor to perform the Services to the best of its knowledge and ability and in accordance with the requirements of good workmanship, as well as as far as possible in accordance with the written agreements. The Services of Al-khatem For Travel & Tourism also include recommendations to the Traveler and are based on information collected by
Al-khatem For Travel & Tourism. Then Traveler can also place an order with
Al-khatem For Travel & Tourism for flights, hotel stays or participating in a pilgrimage trip.
- Al-Khatem For Travel & Tourism has the right to have certain work done by third parties.
- When engaging third parties, Al-khatem For Travel & Tourism will take the necessary care and consult with Customer when selecting these third parties, as far as this is reasonably possible and customary in relation to the Customer. The costs of engaging these third parties are for the account of the Customer, and will be charged to the Customer by Al-khatem For Travel & Tourism.
- The Client will ensure that all data, which Al-khatem For Travel & Tourism indicates to be necessary or which the Client should reasonably understand to be necessary for the performance of the Agreement, is provided to Al-khatem For Travel & Tourism in a timely manner. If the information required for the implementation of the Agreement has not been provided to Al-khatem For Travel & Tourism in time, Al-khatem For Travel & Tourism has the right to suspend the implementation of the Agreement and / or the additional costs resulting from the delay in accordance with the then usual rates to charge the Client.
- The Client ensures that Al-khatem For Travel & Tourism can provide its Services in a timely and reliable manner. If the Client does not comply with its agreements in this regard, it is obliged to compensate the resulting damage.
- If a term has been agreed or specified for the performance of Services, this is never a strict deadline. If a period is exceeded, the Client must give Al-khatem For Travel & Tourism written notice of default. Al-khatem For Travel & Tourism must thereby be offered a reasonable term to still implement the Agreement.
Article 5.Amendment of the Agreement :
- If during the execution of the Agreement it appears that for a proper implementation thereof it is necessary to change or supplement it, Al-khatem For Travel & Tourism and the Client will timely and in mutual consultation proceed to adjust the Agreement.
- If the Agreement is amended, including an addition, there is an additional assignment. A separate appointment will be made about this additional assignment about the remuneration. Without additional quotation the original conditions apply, whereby the extra Services are paid at the usual rate.
- Failure or immediate implementation of the amended Agreement does not constitute a breach of contract on the part of Al-khatem For Travel & Tourism and is not a reason for the Customer to terminate or terminate the Agreement.
- Changes to the originally concluded Agreement between Al-khatem For Travel & Tourism and the Client are only valid from the moment that these changes are accepted by both parties through an additional or amended Agreement. This change is made in writing.
Article 6. Suspension, termination and early termination of the Agreement :
- Al-khatem For Travel & Tourism is entitled to suspend compliance with the obligations or to dissolve the Agreement if the Customer does not, not fully or not timely fulfill the obligations under the Agreement, or that Al-khatem For Travel & Tourism has good reason to fear that the Client will fail to fulfill those obligations.
- Furthermore, Al-khatem For Travel & Tourism is entitled to terminate the Agreement if circumstances arise that are of such a nature that fulfillment of the Agreement is impossible or unaltered maintenance of the Agreement cannot reasonably be required.
- If the Customer does not fulfill his obligations arising from the Agreement and this non-compliance justifies termination, Al-khatem For Travel & Tourism is entitled to terminate the Agreement immediately and with immediate effect without any obligation on his part to pay any compensation or indemnification, while the Customer , due to non-performance, compensation orindemnificationis required.
Article 7. Cancellation :
- Cancellation of the Agreement is free if the airline ticket or hotel overnight stay is booked at the travel agency within the same day on which they are booked, provided that they are affordable under the policy of suppliers. When the ticket or overnight stay is booked through the website, cancellation depends on the suppliers.
Article 8. Costs, Fees and Payment :
- All amounts mentioned in the quotation or on the website are in euros and include VAT, unless stated otherwise. The prices of airline tickets and hotels are exclusive of VAT.
- Al-khatem For Travel & Tourism has the right to correct manifest errors in the price quotation.
- Payment is made through Certo Escrow. The Traveler pays for implementation of the agreement. The possibility exists for the Traveler to pay in installments.
- Al-khatem For Travel & Tourism does not charge shipping costs for orders within the Netherlands and Belgium
- All invoices must be paid before the date on which the trip will commence.
- The Client is obliged to inform Al-khatem ForTravel & Tourism immediately of inaccuracies in the stated or provided payment details.
- If the Client fails to pay an invoice on time, the Client is legally in default, without further notice of default being required. The Client then owes the statutory interest. The interest on the claimable amount will be calculated from the moment that the Client is in default until the moment of payment of the full amount due.
- If Al-khatem For Travel & Tourism decides to collect a claim for non-payment of one or more unpaid invoices by judicial means, the Client is, in addition to the principal owed and the interest referred to in paragraph 7 of this article, also obliged to make all reasonably made to reimburse judicial and extrajudicial costs. The reimbursement of judicial and extrajudicial costs incurred will be determined in accordance with the then applicable regulations that concern reimbursement for extrajudicial collection costs.
Article 9. Liability :
- The Customer is responsible for submitting correct and representative data and information that is necessary for the execution of the Agreement. Al-khatem For Travel & Tourism is not liable for damage, including on the basis of an incorrect order, if the Customer has provided incorrect, non-representative or irrelevant information.
- Al-Khatem For Travel & Tourism cannot be held liable for the inaccuracy of information provided on the Website and the damage that results therefrom.
- Al-khatem For Travel & Tourism is not liable for damage, of any nature whatsoever, because it is based on incorrect and / or incomplete data provided or concealed by the Traveler.
- Although efforts will always be made to meet the delivery time, Al-khatem For Travel & Tourism is never liable for the consequences of exceeding the delivery time on the Website, in the confirmation e-mail or elsewhere. Exceeding the term does not entitle the Client to cancel the Products, or to refuse the receipt or payment of the Products, nor does Al-khatem For Travel & Tourism owe any compensation to Customer.
- Al-khatem For Travel & Tourism is not liable for errors or negligence of third parties engaged by it.
- Al-khatem For Travel & Tourism is not liable for any errors on the Web site.
- Al-khatem For Travel & Tourism is not liable for non-compliance or late compliance with the obligations arising from the Agreement, if this is caused by force majeure as referred to in article 12.
- If Al-khatem For Travel & Tourism is held liable, it will only be liable for direct damage actually incurred, paid or suffered by the Customer due to a demonstrable breach of the obligations of Al-khatem For Travel & Tourism with regard to its Services. Al-khatem For Travel & Tourism is not liable for indirect damage, including but not limited to consequential damage.
- The liability of Al-khatem For Travel & Tourism is limited to the amount covered and paid out by the insurer. If the insurer does not pay out, or if Al-khatem For Travel & Tourism is not insured, the liability is limited to the amount paid by the Client.
- Al-khatem For Travel & Tourism is not liable for damage suffered due to delay or cancellation of flights. In addition, Al-khatem For Travel & Tourism is not liable for the cancellation scheme of third parties, such as airlines and hotels.
- If cancellation on the basis of Article 7 does not apply, money paid in advance cannot be reimbursed.
Article 10. Force of the majority :
- Force majeure is understood to mean all external causes, outside the will or fault of Al-khatem For Travel & Tourism, as a result of which timely, complete or correct compliance with the Agreement is no longer possible.
- Force majeure as referred to in the previous paragraph is also understood to include, but is not limited to: non-compliance by a third party, illness of personnel of Al-khatem For Travel & Tourism itself or a third party, abnormal weather conditions, disruptions in water and energy supplies, strikes , serious malfunctions in the systems of Al-khatem For Travel & Tourism, fire, floods, natural disasters, riots, war or other domestic unrest.
- In the event of force majeure, compliance with the Agreement will be suspended for as long as the force majeure continues.
- If the force majeure continues for more than one month, both parties are entitled to terminate the Agreement without the intervention of the courts. In such a case, Al-khatem For Travel & Tourism will proceed to reimbursement of any amounts paid, with deduction of all costs incurred by Al-khatem For Travel & Tourism in relation to the Agreement.
Article 11. Confidentiality of data :
- Each of the parties guarantees that all information received from the other party that is known or should be known to be of a confidential nature remains confidential. The party that receives confidential data will only use it for the purpose for which it was provided. Data will in any case be considered confidential if it is indicated as such by one of the parties. Al-khatem For Travel & Tourism cannot be held to this if the provision of data to a third party is necessary as a result of a court decision, a legal provision or for the correct execution of the agreement.
- Al-khatem For Travel & Tourism ensures that all processing of personal data of Customer is in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation. This means, among other things, that Al-khatem For Travel & Tourism only collects personal data on the basis of one of the permitted legal grounds and that the Customer can at any time submit a request to Al-khatem For Travel & Tourism for the removal of his personal data.
Article 12. Complaints procedure :
- If the Client has a complaint, the Client must send this in writing to email@example.com .
Article 13. Identity of Al-khatem For Travel & Tourism :
- Al-khatem For Travel & Tourism is registered at the Chamber of Commerce under number no71478569 and bears VAT identification number nl002512094b84. Al-khatem For Travel & Tourism is located at BOTERDIEP 65 (9712 LK) in Groningen.
- Al-khatem For Travel & Tourism can be reached by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the Website alkhatemtravel.com and by telephone at 0687830164.
Article 14. Applicable law and competent court :
- Dutch law applies to the legal relationship between Al-khatem For Travel & Tourism and its Client.
- All disputes that may arise between Al-khatem For Travel & Tourism and the Customer are settled by the competent court of the District of Northern Netherlands or by the competent court of the District of Customer’s place of residence.
Guarantee arranged | STO Garant
The combination of travel services offered to you constitutes a travel package within the meaning
of the Package Travel Directive (EU) 2015/2302 [if a travel package is involved]. This means that
you are entitled to make claims under all EU legislation applying to travel packages.
In order to meet its statutory obligation to provide a guarantee, Alkhatem Travel & Tourism uses STO
Garant for all travel packages. STO Garant is a guarantee scheme, recognised by the Authority for
Consumers and Markets (ACM) . It consists of an escrow account in which your payment is held
until your trip has come to an end. As the traveller, you do not pay Alkhatem Travel & Tourism but
instead pay the booking sum into the escrow account belonging to Stichting Derdengelden Certo
Escrow, a payment service provider registered with the Dutch Central Bank (DNB) and the Dutch
Authority for the Financial Markets (AFM). Stichting Derdengelden Certo Escrow processes all
payments on behalf of STO Garant.
The booking payment is released to Alkhatem Travel & Tourism by the escrow account the day after
your trip has come to an end. If Alkhatem Travel & Tourism files for bankruptcy or is granted a
suspension of payments before your trip comes to an end, the booking sum will be released to
Stichting Take Over (STO). Depending on the situation, STO will then ensure that the booking sum
is refunded to you, that you are able to continue on your trip, or that you are able to travel to the
final destination on your journey.
Alkhatem Travel and Tourism has therefore protected itself against insolvency through STO Garant. If
services are not provided by Alkhatem Travel & Tourism due to insolvency, travellers can contact STO
Garant, which has its offices at Torenallee 20, 5617 BC Eindhoven, Netherlands, by sending an
email to email@example.com or by calling +31 (0)85 13 02 943.
You will receive the necessary information about how you can pay for your booking from your
travel organisation. The full booking sum must be paid into the escrow account before the trip
commences. This applies to all bookings.